DRESS CODE POLICY
The uniform is to be worn from the first day of School through the last day unless exemptions are given. Those participating in Scout activities many wear their Scout uniform on designated days.
School sweaters must be worn each day beginning Nov. 1st– March 31st. All school uniform sweaters must be purchased at Parker Uniform Company.
Complete uniform for girls:
- Plaid jumper (K-4); plaid skirt (5-8) or
- Navy skort or long navy shorts with black or brown belt (K-8) – optional
- Tights may be worn; must be white or navy. No Sweat Pants or Legging allowed. (Only allowed during winter months)
- White, short or long sleeve blouse or polo shirt with collar – no turtle necks
- Light blue or white oxford shirts for 8thgrade only
- White or navy socks – knee socks only (no ankle or crew socks)
- Shorts must be worn under the skirt or jumper daily
- Navy cardigan sweater - Available from Parker Uniform Company only
- Sweaters must be monogrammed with the student’s first initial and last name
- Camisole or plain white undershirt or approved St. Philip logo grades 3-8
- Saddle shoe type sneakers for Pre-k thru 8thgrade(Blue/White or Black/White) available at Parker, J.C. Penney, and Payless.
- Saddle shoe oxford can be worn for 6ththru 8thgrade only(Blue/White or Black/White)
Complete uniform for boys:
- Navy blue pants with a black or brown belt
- Navy short (can be worn throughout most of the year except cold months) optional
- Navy blue elastic waist pants for Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 only
- White, short or long sleeve shirt or polo shirt with collar– no turtle necks (Pre-K thru 5thgrade)
- White, short or longed sleeve oxford shirt (6ththru 8thgrade only)
- Light blue, short or long sleeve oxford shirt – 8thgrade only
- Plain white undershirt or approved St. Philip logo
- White crew socks (no ankle socks and no markings on socks)
- Navy cardigan sweater (No sweater vest) - Available from Parker Uniform Company only
- Sweaters must be monogrammed with student’s first initial and last name
- Plain blue tie (6ththru 8thgrade only)
- Athletic shoes (black or white only) with polyurethane soles. Must not leave marks on floor. (Simple trim in another color will be allowed but most of shoe must be a solid black or white color. Shoelace must match the basic shoe color.)
NO LIGHTBRIGHT SHOES (SHOES WHICH GIVE OFF A LIGHT) MAY BE WORN.
Exceptions may be granted for orthopedic reasons. Exemptions must be in writing and on file in the Principal’s office.
All Students in grades 3-8 are required to wear a P.E. uniform of plain white tee-shirt or approved St. Philip logo and navy blue shorts.
SPIRIT/DRESS DOWN DAYS
Once a month on Spirit Day students are allowed to dress down in casual clothing. Students will wear St. Philip logo shirts, navy blue shirts, or white shirts during spirit days. Students should dress modestly and use the following list to help in acceptable choices, keeping in mind that the School has the final say.
- No mid-drifts
- No baggy pants, pants and shorts should be at the natural waist
- No tight jeans, pants and skirts
- No hip-huggers
- No see through items
- No sleeveless items
- No low-cut tops or dresses
- No inappropriate language or advertisements on clothing
- No makeup
- No nail polish
- Normal jewelry policy stays in place
- Normal school shoes and socks – necessary for Physical Education
- Shorts and skirts should be at least fingertip length
- No sandals or flip flops